I give you chocolate covered bacon. Everyone here thinks i’m crazy. I tried to explain to them it’s a legit diet recipe i found online. Idk. (Taken with Instagram)
Yah, im making chocolate covered bacon. As per the little paleo recipe i found. This shit better be as good as they promise, or i just wasted a lot of chocolate and bacon. #paleo #bacon #melted #chocolate #breakfast (Taken with Instagram)
Chocolate covered bacon:
This is an absolutely fabulous snack that will make any non-paleo dieter jealous and wonder how you can eat this while being so healthy. The trick to keep it a healthy snack is to use good quality dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids. The more the better. Dark chocolate is bitter, but the bitterness is cut by the melted butter that is added to it as well as the saltiness of the bacon. Those chocolate covered bacon slices won’t stay in the tray for very long, I’m telling you and this recipe is bound the be even more popular to the kids than the candies they bring back on Halloween day.
- 2 lb thickly sliced bacon;
- 1 lb good quality dark chocolate;
- 4 tbsp butter or ghee;
- Fry the bacon in a medium hot and large pan until crisp. Fry in batches if your pan is too small to contain all the bacon slices at once.
- Remove bacon from the pan and dry with a paper towel. Keep the rendered bacon grease for future cooking.
- Melt the chocolate in a pot with the butter or ghee slowly so it doesn’t burn.
- Using thongs, dip the bacon slices in the chocolate, either on one half of the slices or on the whole slice.
- Place the chocolate dipped bacon on a cooling rack placed over foil or parchment
- Let cool for a bout 2 hours, until the chocolate has hardened.
- Cut the bacon slices in bite sized pieces, if desired.
- Serve right away or store in a container in the refrigerator.
I can’t believe I just found this recipe… you guys… you guys…. my diet tells me to eat chocolate covered bacon. CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON.